- our cafe serves affordable vegetarian food made from organic, seasonal, locally grown and/or fairly traded ingredients
- we develop and support local projects focusing on conserving resources and helping people live more sustainably
- we provide affordable space for local groups to meet
- Its Apple Day on Saturday 10th & Sunday 11th October 2015 October 4, 2015
Apple Day Vestry House takes place 11am – 4pm on Saturday 10th October 2015. It is an annual event celebrating the healthy, humble, tasty apple – and all the other good things that Autumn brings.
There will also be an Apple Day celebration on 11th October at the Learning Lodge Pimp Hall this year too!
- “What’s On” green events listing for Waltham Forest in October 2015 October 2, 2015 Click here to to subscribe to our monthly listings.
Events at Hornbeam
New Lammas Lands Defence Committee • Thursday 8th • 8pm – 10pm
We meet on the second Thursday of each month. Our aim is to defend the former Lammas Lands of Leyton and Walthamstow Marshes, so that they remain public open space in perpetuity. www.lammaslands.org.uk
Life Classes ...
- Check out what’s on at the Learning Lodge September 15, 2015 Not only will the Hornbeam be holding a second Apple Day up at the Learning Lodge in Pimp Hall Nature Reserve in Chingford, there are a whole series of incredible activities taking place!
Do take a look and come along: http://www.hornbeam.org.uk/learning-lodge/
Wednesday 16th September 2015 – Start Up Hub Space
Start Up Learning Lodge
Saturday 19th September 2015 ...
- Cafe and Kitchen Skill-Up Project July 21, 2015 Looking to work in catering, kick-start a food business, or just meet more friends locally? Find out more about the Hornbeam skill-up project.
Develop a skill or learn a new one
Get accredited training
Work on an idea with likeminded people
And be part of a growing food community…
“I really love that volunteering has allowed me to get to ...
Community cafe, event space and environment centre // 458 Hoe Street, Walthamstow, E17 9AH // 020 8558 6880