- our cafe serves affordable vegetarian food made from organic, seasonal, locally grown and/or fairly traded ingredients
- we develop and support local projects focusing on conserving resources and helping people live more sustainably
- we provide affordable space for local groups to meet
- Cafe and Kitchen Skill-Up Project July 21, 2015 Looking to work in catering, kick-start a food business, or just meet more friends locally? Find out more about the Hornbeam skill-up project.
Develop a skill or learn a new one
Get accredited training
Work on an idea with likeminded people
And be part of a growing food community…
“I really love that volunteering has allowed me to get to ...
- Apple Day: Saturday 10th October 2015 July 18, 2015 Apple Day takes place 11am – 4pm on Saturday 10th October 2015. It is an annual event celebrating the healthy, humble, tasty apple – and all the other good things that Autumn brings.
Apples for sale, as well for tasting, pressing and bobbing by Organiclea
Food by Norman Loves
Plants and gardening advice by Vestry House Museum ...
- Job opportunities: The Hornbeam is recruiting … May 20, 2015 The Hornbeam Centre is seeking to recruit two people committed to and excited by our vision of active communities where people have a positive impact on their environment.
They will have the energy and skills to play a lead role in achieving our mission to:
inspire people to think about how we live our lives and use resources;
- Green Enterprise Opportunity: Programme starting on 22nd April March 31, 2015 We are delighted to announce a superb opportunity for potential Green Entrepreneurs in Waltham Forest. Hornbeam has partnered with the London Sustainability Exchange to offer local entrepreneurs the chance to take part in a free 1 day a week, six week programme.
The programme will offer the group a chance to learn, innovate and create. The ...
Community cafe, event space and environment centre // 458 Hoe Street, Walthamstow, E17 9AH // 020 8558 6880